Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 12 - Finger nails already! Amazing

12 weeks Nov. 3, 2009 • Size: Length 2.5-3in, weight .50 oz, Size Pacifier

At this point my food aversions had kicked in already and I was loosing weight more often than not. All in all I have lost 20 lbs... and gained back very little. So the doctor put me on a steak and potatoes diet along with a milkshake a day to make sure I was getting enough protein and food to the baby! I could not touch hamburger or uncooked meat for months from here on out. And I was eating mainly juice, milk, apples and veggies... normally not so bad but apparently I needed some starch to give me more calories! Best diet ever!

"Fingernails and toenails are forming, and lots of stretching going on."
- Ages and Stages

" The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, the toes will curl, the eye muscles will clench, and the mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. The intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now, and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into the bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. The face looks unquestionably human: The eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, the baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce." - Baby Center

No comments:

Post a Comment